Nog geen lid? Doe het nu! | Naar de forums...
Not signed in (Sign In or Register for the Forums)
  • Quick Jump

•       

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    NLBorrelKoning

Vera's Pick: 26/27 Mei: Candy Dulfer @ Blue Note

There’s something sweet and sexy happening here.
    Get some Candy and get Funked Up!

May 26th and 27th:
    Candy Dulfer in Blue Note Club, New York

http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/schedule/index.shtml

Candy Dulfer and her band will be playing at Blue Note New York this month! On Tuesday May 26th and Wednesday May 27th, Candy will grace the stage of this legendary venue with two gigs each night (8 PM and 10.30 PM). These dates were added recently to Candy’s current tour, following the release of her new album Funked Up & Chilled Out. (US release May 12th)

Candy Dulfer has been on the fast track since she first picked up the saxophone in 1975 at the tender age of six. Thirty years later, the ride has yet to slow down.
    Born in Holland in 1969, Dulfer was raised in a musical family. By age 14, she had assembled her own band, Funky Stuff.

Five years later she recorded Saxuality, her solo debut album, in 1988. Released in 1990, Saxuality sold more than a million copies worldwide and scored a GRAMMY nomination. The massive success of the album prompted world touring for Dulfer and Funky Stuff beginning in the early ‘90s.

More than 15 years and ten solo albums later – not to mention numerous guest appearances on albums by other artists – the globetrotting itinerary has yet to stop.

“I think one of the reasons why my career has gone so well, and continues to go well after all these years,” says Dulfer, “is because I make this really strange mix of all the music I grew up with, even if it doesn’t always make sense. I’m not afraid to put jazz and R&B and house music into what I’m doing. For some people, this sounds crazy, but most people just like it.”

If you want to attend one of Candy’s amazing live shows and party along a diversity of styles and high-energy, positive music, purchase tickets ($25) at the website of Blue Note New York:

http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/schedule/index.shtml

The Blue Note’s capacity is limited so you have to be quick in order to guarantee your tickets. On the night of the show, limited bar seats will be available as well. ($15)

Funked Up!
    Dulfer bares it all – the brassy and edgy, along with a few mellow touches – with the May 12, 2009, worldwide release of Funked Up! Front to back, Funked Up! is a snapshot of all the benchmarks that make up Candy Dulfer’s live performances – lots of high-energy, in-your-face grooves, punctuated by intriguing moments of subtlety and nuance. “I love an album that has the same flow as, say, a movie or a book,” she says. “It starts slowly, then builds tension, and then you take it down a bit in certain places. That’s the kind of concert I play when I’m touring, and that’s what I wanted to capture on this recording."

About| Privacy | TOS | Contact | Join NLBorrels 

Copyright 1999-2013 / NLBorrels.com / All Rights reserved. / Powered by Mosso, Vanilla, Lussumo, RSS2 & ATOM