Nog geen lid? Doe het nu! | Naar de forums...
Not signed in (Sign In or Register for the Forums)
  • Quick Jump

•       

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    ForumBot
    • CommentAuthorForumBot
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009

siebbe:

My husband just died this last Sunday and he was a Dutch citizen still. I need to know what to do to record his death with the Dutch authorities in America. He also had a "polis." What is that and how do I file for it. He does have a son that is 19 in the Netherlands. What should we do? Do I have any rights to his funds or do they go to his son?
    ForumBot
    • CommentAuthorForumBot

dutchgirltiff:

I found this on the website of the Dutch Consulate
    Quote:
    All persons that are aware of the death of a Dutch citizen, who passed away abroad, may register the death.

You do not need to register the death at the Dutch Embassy or Consulate in your region, registration is done directly at the City of The Hague. How to register >> Registration foreign certificates: http://www.denhaag.nl/smartsite.html?id=25619

Registr ation of the death of a (former) Dutch citizen is not compulsory according to Dutch law (art. 1:19h BW).
    . I would also contact them at 1-877-dutchhelp or 1-877-388-2443.
    With regard to the "polis", I would have that translated, or if you can find the company's information on the document itself, I would call them as soon as possible, you don't want to miss possible deadlines.
    Good Luck!
    ForumBot
    • CommentAuthorForumBot

dutchgirltiff:

And, my sincere condolences. Of course.
    Tiff

About| Privacy | TOS | Contact | Join NLBorrels 

Copyright 1999-2013 / NLBorrels.com / All Rights reserved. / Powered by Mosso, Vanilla, Lussumo, RSS2 & ATOM