MAY 5, 2018: FORUMS WILL SHUT DOWN SHORTLY- NO NEW MEMBERS ACCEPTED
Not signed in (Sign In or Register for the Forums)
  • Quick Jump

•       

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    ForumBot
    • CommentAuthorForumBot
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009

Eelco:

11 april: Panel Discussion, Dutch Labor Party NYC
    April 9th, 2008, 8:44am | Reply with quote | Modify

I N V I T A T I O N

The Dutch Labor Party New York presents

On Friday April 11th, at 7.30pm

Its latest publication

American Affairs IV: Accountability

(Original title: Amerikaanse Toestanden IV: Accountability)

The US and elections are inextricably intertwined. Not only the President, but also the Mayor, the Judge and the School Board are often based on a direct electorate mandate.
    What results do these elections deliver? Do they really lead to elected officials who are closer to the citizen? Do they increase the popular trust in these officials? Does it bring about a higher accountability of officials? And, last but not least, what useful lessons can the Netherlands draw from all this?

These and many more questions are discussed in a new publication "American Affairs" ("Amerikaanse Toestanden"). By means of several interviews with U.S. elected officials and members of the American civil society the theme "accountability"
    is thoroughly analyzed.

A first edition will be offered to the Dutch Consul General, Mr. Gajus Scheltema.

Under auspices of NOVA-correspondent Willem Lust
    conclusions regarding the theme "accountability" will be further discussed in a panel. Panel members include Ian Buruma and Boris Dittrich. The Panel discussion will be conducted in English.

Live music before and after the debate!

RSVP before 8 April at newyork@pvda.nl

3 West 51st Street
    New York, NY 10019, USA

About| Privacy | TOS | Contact | Join NLBorrels 

Copyright 1999-2013 / NLBorrels.com / All Rights reserved. / Powered by Mosso, Vanilla, Lussumo, RSS2 & ATOM