Nog geen lid? Doe het nu! | Naar de forums...
Not signed in (Sign In or Register for the Forums)
  • Quick Jump

•       

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. NLBorrelaar
    • CommentAuthorMatt28
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013

Hello,

I recently got offered a PhD position at a London-based university. Currently I am still living in The Netherlands but I would like to move to London asap because of the opportunity to conduct a part-time PhD.

I am therefore exploring job opportunities in London. Although I am most interested in research-related positions in the area of microfinance/inclusive finance/international development (e.g. research, impact evaluation positions, or data-analyst positions), I would also be interested in more administrative positions at universities, NGOs, and or banks.

What do I have to offer? Several years of working experience in commercial banking and an Indian MFI which helped me develop the following skills:
    - Good organizational skills: during my work as Assistant Account Manager at the Corporate Clients department of the ING Bank I was responsible for the operational and commercial management of a portfolio of corporates which required good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
    - Analytical skills: in my work in commercial banking I regularly conducted data analysis on financial performance measures.
    - Detail oriented: I have been responsible for the operational management of an M&A of one of my clients at the bank which required a high level of detail orientation.
    - Good writing skills (English and Dutch)
    - I work well with Excel, SPSS and STATA
    - Developing country experience: I have worked at an Indian MFI based in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
    - Highly motivated, eager to learn, and strong work ethic.

I was wondering if you could give me suggestions as to where I would have a chance of getting started in London. I would be immediately available and I do not have a particular preference for an area in London. If you are interested you can contact me by email: meijerink.marius@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Marius Meijerink

About| Privacy | TOS | Contact | Join NLBorrels 

Copyright 1999-2013 / NLBorrels.com / All Rights reserved. / Powered by Mosso, Vanilla, Lussumo, RSS2 & ATOM